<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://wildoakstream.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, November 7, 2011

Switched.

On Friday we switched.

Switched roles.

Brandon was Mr. Domestic.  I worked.

It was an experiment.  (Yes, ladies, it was my idea.  And yes, it came out of trying to get the ol' husband to understand some things... but no, we weren't mad at each other.)

First of all, I was impressed, as soon as we got up in the morning, Shiloh was fed her breakfast, and dishes were being washed.  :)  Me so happy!

But... we were late to the office.  And Shiloh's nose was running without being wiped as much as it should have been.  Its safe to say that Brandon was getting rather frazzled with her whininess.  But we did make it out of the office safely, no one was hurt in the experiment.

Lunch was interesting.  We laughed as Brandon pretended to be me, in all my glory, and I tried to act like him, "I need my protein woman!"

The apartment stayed messy most of the day.

Were lessons learned?  Yes.  I learned a lot actually.  (Besides not having Brandon try to be domestic...)  And he, well, lets just say I got an extra amazing foot rub at the end of the day.

"God spoke: "Let us make human beings in our image, make them reflecting our nature so they can be responsible for the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the cattle, and, yes, Earth itself, and every animal that moves on the face of Earth."  God created human beings; he created them godlike, reflecting God's nature.  He created them male and female.  God blessed them: "Prosper! Reproduce! Fill Earth! Take charge!  Be responsible for fish in the sea and birds in the air, for every living thing that moves on the face of Earth." 


God created us both, equally in His image.  Equally valuable.  But we have different roles.... such as I will only ever birth a baby, while Brandon won't.  Equal... but different.  Try switching roles for a day, maybe you'll see some of those equalities, and maybe you'll see some of those differences.  We did.  And we appreciate each one of them.  I'll do my part, and Brandon will do his... we compliment each other, and I am thankful for that.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home