<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://wildoakstream.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Water.


4 years ago I worked at a jewelry and accessories store down in Boca Raton, Florida.  I has just finished my 5 month Discipleship Training School.  I had just spent 5 months living with 8-16 other people, just spent two months living without air conditioning in southeast Asia.  I had just spent 1 month ministering to sex-trafficked women.  There I was, back in the mall in one of the most affluent cities in America.  It.  Was.  Culture.  Shock.

I saw the world differently.

Our store was amazing.  At the time, we were promoting a charity.  Giving money to support others around the world.  My heart was deeply connected to the living conditions of others around the world.  I remember one day, a customer came in, and I asked her if she wanted to support the charity... and she turned her nose up and said that she doesn't give money to help people outside of America, when there are plenty of needs inside America.  She was right, I mean, there are plenty of needs in America.  But her response still disturbed me.

Charity: Water.

That was organization our store was supporting.  To help those in the world who do not have access to clean water.  CLEAN WATER.  This is NOT something Americans struggle with.  This IS something that is a reality for people in Africa and India.   This is not something I can imagine.  This is something that many people in developing nations have to face each and every day.

Check out their 5 year anniversary video.  And check out how you can help.




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home