<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://wildoakstream.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hush Little Baby

     With all the traveling from here to there, Shiloh sometimes has a hard time settling down for a good nap.  We try to keep a basic routine, which helps.  She has her own travel bed, which also helps.  But, as with all babies, sometimes they just need a little sleep assistance.  She loves it when I sing, although I can't imagine why, I'm completely tone deaf!  I tried the simple lullaby, "Hush Little Baby", but it was kinda bothering me to sing 'gonna buy you a mockingbird' because I am pretty sure I never will.  So, I came up with a more appropriate one for Shiloh, filled with all of our favorite things.  You'll most likely never hear me sing it, but still, I thought it would be fun to share.


Hush little baby, don't say a word.
Daddy's gonna shape you a surfin' board.

And if that surfin' board won't float, 
Daddy's gonna build you a tall sailboat.

And if that tall sailboat won't glide, 
Momma's gonna buy you a slip 'n slide.

And if that slip 'n slide gets dry, 
Momma's gonna serve you some pumpkin pie.

And when that pumpkin pie's all gone,
Momma's gonna sing some more silly songs.

And if those silly songs won't do,
we'll pray to Jesus 'cause He hears you.

So hush little baby, don't you cry.
Daddy loves you, and so do I.




And because everyone loves a photo....



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home