<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://wildoakstream.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Change

I will be turning 27 this year.  I remember turning 17.  Feels like yesterday.  A lot has changed.

Not too long ago I was in the California Pizza Kitchen, having dinner with Brandon, Shiloh, and Brandon's family.  I got up to go to the bathroom.  As I was doing my thannng, a group of young college girls came into the restroom.  They were giggling.  They were all 'dolled up'.  They took turns using the other stalls, and chit-chatted about clothing, boys, and makeup while looking at themselves in the mirror.  I listened in as if I was listening in on myself just 5 years ago.  That was me.  My biggest worry was paying rent, and of course, if my hair looked good.

(Now, don't read me wrong, this is not a bad thing... I actually was smiling the whole time I was in there.)

Yes, its nice to go out with girlfriends.  Yes I do enjoy getting 'dolled up'.  Yes, I still love to giggle.  But my perspective has changed.

I choose the family stall, because I usually have a large diaper bag on my shoulder and a wiggly baby to hold.  The extra space is nice.  I wash my hands not because I might get germs, but because Shiloh might.  I look in the mirror to make sure I put mascara on BOTH eyes.  And that I don't have baby drool on my shirt.  I chit-chat about diaper rash, the husband, and how my jeans are fitting.  I rarely go out for a girls night because responsibilities of having a family are my joy and priority.

I wanted to tell those girls to enjoy this season, and never take a moment for granted.  I didn't tell them.  They probably would have thought I was psycho.  I told myself though, to not take the season I am in for granted.  Would I trade my life now for my life 5 years ago?  .... naw, I think I'll keep this whole mother thing.  Its rather sweet.  Change is good.

Real good.  'Cause I get to check myself out in the mirror with this diva...









Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger lori said...

So cute!

June 23, 2011 at 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home