<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://wildoakstream.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Welcome Baby Capri!


She's here!  After 286 days of pregnancy and 8 hours of laboring in the hospital Brandon 'caught' our 2nd daughter and we welcomed her into our arms.  {Warning: photo dump, hahaha}


Capri Avery Ekstrom.  She is quite the addition to our family!  Once again I have a beautiful daughter who looks more like her daddy than me... hahaha, go figure.  She is a grunter... all night long she'll grunt in her sleep, keeping us awake.  Gotta love it!

For me, I had completely expected her to arrive early.  So by 37 weeks (3 weeks before Thanksgiving), I was ready.  Little did I know she wanted to stay in and make me endure pregnancy into a 10th month.  10 months of pregnancy is no fun.  So I was VERY excited when I started feeling contractions late on that Tuesday night.  Finally!  Everything this time around was 100x better than with Shiloh.  I feel like, in a way, it helped redeem the more difficult parts of that experience 2 years ago.  Brandon was incredibly supportive and helped me endure labor into the wee hours of the morning.  We were ecstatic to finally be holding Capri in our arms, studying her little face & features, and cherishing those first moments.  Shiloh joined us later that afternoon, and our hearts overflowed as we watched our daughters become sisters.  Shiloh loves her sissy and has been such a great help with little things.





We are looking forward to a cozy holiday time with our sweet newborn.  And we are doing our best to freeze time and soak up all the moments while she is so young and little.






We are over the moon with Capri... Thank you to all who have prayed for us during this time in our family's lives!





Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What gorgeous pictures of your newborn. Capri is a beautiful name! Wishing you lots of sleep, peace and joy!

flameglowstudio.blogspot.com

December 15, 2012 at 4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home