<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://wildoakstream.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

12 Hours to Takeoff...

So once again we are off.  This time I am taking the TWO girls BY. MY. SELF.  Which means a lot of prayers and diapers.  We have never traveled internationally with a 2 month old.  So that will be completely new for me, let alone with two kids, let alone doing it all by myself.  I am actually weirdly excited.  A little worried.  But mostly excited.

Brandon is already down in Nicaragua with our DTS teams.  I have enjoyed hearing from him and listening to him share about how they are doing.  I can't wait to join him.

Like I've shared before, we pack with ziplocs.  It works really well for us.  Keeps everything separated and organized, and then we can press the air out and get the bags shrunk down to a thin/small size.

So this

Slowly gets packed away... because we have to bring diapers with us, those take up most of the room in our packs.  The first time we went to Nicaragua with Shiloh, we brought hundreds of diapers.  Yes, hundreds, I think it was something like 700.  But we had a team full of surfers with board bags, so they used the diapers to pack their surfboards up nice and tight.  This time we have to bring a little over hundred, with no board bags... at least our bags will be lighter on the flight home.  ;)

Eventually the pile gets smaller...


Then the bags are packed, filled to the brim with diapers, clothes, and snack food.  One 90L bag, 1 regular backpack, and then Capri will ride in the Bjorn.  I thankfully only have to carry all that by myself from the baggage claim in Nicaragua, through customs, and then walking out to the area where Brandon will meet me.  Not too bad, but its the only part I am worried about.  Well that and our potty training little girl, an extremely short layover in Houston, and keeping Capri happy while at the same time keeping Shiloh entertained and well behaved.  Prayers please.  :)

I am looking forward to not only reuniting with Brandon (2 weeks is too long), but joining the 23 team members who are busy doing ministry down there!  Here's to happy traveling!


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Benedicte Foldnes said...

you are one brave woman Kirsten Ekstrom.. amazing job traveling alone with two kids.. I bet it was nice seeing Brandon after two weeks.. Hope you`re having an awesome time=).. Miss you friend..

xx Benny.

February 4, 2013 at 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home